Youth Mission Trip 2017
This year the youth will be traveling to Wayne County, NY to help people in need. We will be traveling the week of June 24-30, 2017. We are partnering with Group, a Christian organization who has planned out the work sites and lodging for our youth. This time every year Group has a Week of Hope where everyone takes part in doing community work. There will be multiple works sites to choose from everyday based on the skills of each individual. At the end of each day, there is a special time built in for study and gathering. Just to give you a sense of the work we will be doing here, see below:
- Perform grounds maintenance at a multi-acre organization that provides an oasis for young people battling cancer.
- Sort donations, clean and paint, and spend time with children at a safe house for victims of domestic violence.
- Assist with home repair and painting for residents from several local churches.
- Work on projects at the Trail of Hope and then share the trail with nursing home residents.
- Provide VBS program for neighborhood kids.
- Do minor fix-up repairs to homes belonging to elderly or disabled individuals, and spend time visiting and befriending the residents
It is a community in need and we won't be accomplishing these tasks alone. Group is partnered with multiple organizations and ministries in that area so they can make the largest impact in a short time period. We are looking forward to this trip and to watch our youth deepen their relationship with Jesus in the work they do.
Before we get started, we are leaving Saturday, June 24, travelling to Niagara Falls and then will do mission work from Sunday June 25- June 30. The Reason for this is because we want to be able to provide a fun bonding experience before we get started with a heavy work week. Relationship is very important in our youth ministry and the bond that they create between eachother can last a life time. More details about the adventure to come soon!
Save your sport now with a $100 per student (or Participant)! Youth must be 13 years or older by June 25, 2017 to participate.
(check made out to LVC, put Youth Mission Trip in the memo line)
If you have any question, please contact the church office, email@example.com.